To add an endorsement to your Virginia Teaching License or to be evaluated by the Virginia Department of Education to add an endorsement, you must send the following “complete packet” to the PWCS, Certification Office. You may add some endorsements to a Postgraduate or Collegiate Professional teaching license with a passing Praxis II assessment score sheet see *note below.
- A completed Licensure Request Form
- Official transcripts if adding endorsement with completed course work pertaining to the endorsement- Order transcripts from the college, university or institution and request they be sent to your home address. Official transcripts must contain a stamp or seal for licensure purposes; grade and credits earned must be reflected on the transcript, you may open transcripts to verify degree and credits have been posted; Use caution when ordering transcripts, Internet, eSCRIP-SAFE or third party transcripts such as Transcripts Network and the Parchment Company will not be accepted by the VDOE. Marked up or highlighted transcripts are also not accepted.
- Fee of $25 for each added endorsement (with a cap of $50 for 2 or more)made payable to Treasurer of Virginia- use only blue or black ink.
- College Verification Form - must be completed and signed by college official-if you completed an approved licensure program - Always required for Adding Admin/Supervision or Reading Specialist
- Report on Experience (only if you need experience other than PWCS verified)
- Copy of Assessment score sheets if applicable (SLLA score sheet required for adding Admin/Supvervision)
(If you have already met Virginia assessment requirements for one endorsement area, and you have met the minimum course requirements for another endorsement area, you do not have to meet assessment requirements for added endorsement areas.)
*Effective September 21, 2007, an individual who holds a valid Virginia Postgraduate or Collegiate Professional teaching license may add an additional endorsement to the license by passing a rigorous academic subject test (Praxis II) prescribed by the Board of Education. This testing option does not apply to individuals who are seeking an early/primary preK-3 or elementary education preK-6 endorsement or who hold a technical professional license, vocational evaluator license, pupil personnel services license, school manager license, or division superintendent license. For more information on the specific Praxis II assessment approved by the Board of Education, please refer to the Praxis Information Sheet.