Health and Physical Education Program
Provide all students with the skills and knowledge to live healthy lifestyles.
Develop Active, Healthy, Achieving Students. The physical education K-12 program provides the skills and knowledge necessary for students to live healthy and active lifestyles. Physical educators, parents, and community members shall work together to support the health and wellness of young people. The K-12 curriculum describes a comprehensive physical education program that is designed to help prepare youth for a lifelong commitment to physical activity, health, and wellness.
Physical Education Curriculum k-12
Health Education Curriculum k-10
Personal Wellness Plan
Absences and Medical Excuses
Sonya and Yeimy, students at Bel Air Elementary, were disappointed that they were not able to speak at the May 4, 2016 School Board meeting. They made this video to show how much the students at Bel Air Elementary learned about the benefits of fruits and vegetables in physical education class. Thank you, Casey Cornell, PE Teacher at Bel Air!
ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES FOR
SUPPLEMENTAL AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
SUPPORTING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND LEARNING; STRUCTURED RECESS, INDOOR RECESS, INTEGRATING MOVEMENT INTO CORE ACADEMIC SUBJECTS, AND ACTIVE LEARNING IN THE CLASSROOM:
- Active Indoor Recess Curriculum k-5: Follow the link to some immediate ideas for activity indoors!
- Active Indoor Recess Curriculum 6-8:Follow the link to some immediate ideas for activity indoors!
- Kidnetics a fun, interactive website for school and home. "Kidnetic.com tells you cool stuff about how your body works, how eating right helps you play better and feel good and how staying active is lots of fun!"
- PE Central is a website with TONS of ideas to integrate movement and learning!
- Playworks.org offers advocacy and strategies for supervising adults at recess to, "build a culture of play that enables kids to feel a sense of belonging and have the opportunity to contribute on the playground, in the classroom, and in the community." Click the link for the game library.
- Peaceful Playgrounds has a webpage dedicated to active learning! Quick and free downloads.
- Songs for a Healthier Generation Free downloads of school appropriate music and dance videos promoting healthy and active lifestyle decisions!
Sign Up for these FREE Resource Web Sites:
- Adventures To Fitness is a tool to use in your classrooms. Watch videos that incorporate core-aligned learning and fun. Very quick sign up.
- GoNoodle is an interactive classroom activity site for students in grades Kindergarten - 5th. Quick sign up.
...and too many more to list here! Please contact the Health and Physical Education office for more ideas.